FHA, VA and USDA Loans are Insured by the US Government
FHA and VA home loans were created with attractive features such as low down payment options and flexible credit and income guidelines that make them easier for first-time buyers to obtain. Here's a quick overview:
- Fixed-rate mortgages and adjustable-rate mortgages (ARMs).
- Purchase, rate and term refinance, and cash-out refinance.
- Various mortgage terms available.
- Property must be a primary residence (up to 4 units per dwelling). Second homes and investment properties do not currently qualify.
- Streamline refinances (FHA) and interest rate reduction loans (VA) are available. These types of refinances typically require less paperwork and do not always require an appraisal.
- FHA and VA require a lower down payment for purchases, and allow a higher percentage of a home's value to be refinanced versus other types of mortgages.
Talk to one of our Mortgage Lenders to determine the best mortgage option for you and your financial situation. For more information, contact us now.